Reduce Your Bounce Rate, Increase Your Page Views, And Give Readers Exactly The Information They Need And Want, Every Time They Visit!
Have you noticed how great sites like Amazon and Ebay are at keeping you engaged? It seems they’re constantly reminding you of items you viewed in the past, and showing you what other, related products they sell.
In fact, no matter what page you’re on, there in the sidebar or in the footer, you’ll find something more to look at. And because you’ve viewed it or a similar item in the past, it’s much more likely to grab your attention. Pretty smart marketing, huh? What if you could do the same thing on your website?
So while that rudimentary plugin might do a little to encourage readers to click around on your site (or maybe to someone else’s) it’s not engaging with your visitors in a way that drives sales.
What does this mean for bloggers and other site owners? Simply put, if your readers are coming to your site and looking at only a single page or post, Google is penalizing you. Your ranking in the search results will suffer, even if the reader stayed on your site long enough to read an entire article!
The easiest fix? Encourage every reader to visit other pages by offering more information she may be interested in. Keep Them Reading Longer By Showing Them Exactly What They Want To See.
The new, ‘Recently Viewed’ WordPress plugin does the following:
- Create multiple related posts or recently viewed posts areas according to your specific needs.
- Set default numbers of posts to show so your readers get just what they want–and easily override those settings as needed.
- Choose to show only related posts, or only recently view posts, or both.
- Show titles only, titles and images, excerpts or not–this totally flexible plugin puts you in control.
- Works with your existing tags so readers see exactly what you want them to see, and never see unrelated content.
- Drag and drop widget adds related content to any sidebar or footer.
- Easy-to-use shortcode puts related or recently viewed posts exactly where you want them on any page or post.
- Lets your visitors quickly see the posts they’ve already read and might want to revisit, or others they might find interesting.
- Perfect for cooking blogs, review blogs, affiliate sites, or any website that relies on page views and clicks to to earn a profit.
- May help improve your ranking in search results by keeping readers on the site longer and reducing bounce rates.
- No complicated setup or configuration–just upload the plugin, choose your default settings, and go.
- Works with any theme, so you never have to worry it will break when you change your site’s design.